About this course
ServiceNow Fundamentals was designed for users with various organizational roles who are expected to work within the ServiceNow platform. During this 3‑day interactive training course attendees will learn about the ServiceNow user interface, receive a summary of the database schema, understand uses for commonly accessed applications, and be introduced to advanced features and functionality, such as scripting and application development.
This course is designed for all users; those experienced with ServiceNow or brand new to the platform, and looking to learn about the fundamental platform features.
Specifically, attendees will learn to:
- Explore lists and forms
- Identify the importance of branding, as well as how to apply it to the platform
- Add users, groups, and roles
- Identify best practices related to task management
- Configure notifications
- Manage data with tables, the configuration management database (CMDB), and import sets
- Run basic reports, as well as the benefits of performance analytics
- Protect ServiceNow data
- Work with two key ServiceNow process applications: Knowledge Base and Service Catalog
- Create workflow activities and approvals
- Implement Service Level Agreements
- Identify various available script types
- Upgrade and clone instances, as well as create baseline performance metrics
- Capture and move configurations between instances
Attendees participate in real world, relevant lab exercises. The class features lecture and group discussions, as well as extensive hands‑on practice, delivered in a wide variety of labs, tech talks, and an interactive discussion of a comprehensive, real‑world example.
Following this course, ServiceNow recommends that attendees have at least two to three months of hands‑on experiences with ServiceNow before attempting the Certification Exam.
Further details regarding this exam, including an exam blueprint, can be found on the link below. Successful candidates will be awarded a “ServiceNow Certified System Administrator” certificate.