|Objectives:||By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Describe the vSAN architecture
• Identify vSAN features and use cases
• Configure vSAN networking components
• Configure a vSAN cluster
• Deploy virtual machines on a vSAN datastore
• Configure virtual machine storage policies
• Perform ongoing vSAN management tasks
• Outline the tasks for upgrading to vSAN 6.6
• Configure vSAN encryption
• Control vSAN resynchronization tasks
• Create and manage nested fault domains
• Use the vSAN health service to monitor health and performance
• Configure a stretched cluster and observe failover scenarios
• Describe vSAN interoperability with VMware vSphere® features and other products
• Plan and design a vSAN cluster
|Intended Audience:||Storage and virtual infrastructure administrators who want to use software-defined storage with vSAN|
|Prerequisites:||This course requires completion of one of the following prerequisites:
• Storage administration experience on block or file storage devices
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.5] courseExperience working at the command line is helpful.
The course material presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
If you cannot complete all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.5] course before enrolling in VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage.
Refer to the Schedule for the next upcoming class.